Study Room Policy
Two study rooms are available at the Whittwood Branch Library for groups of 2-6 people, depending on the size and requirements of each specific room. These rooms are for small group use only and are not intended for individual use.
The library schedules these rooms daily on a first come, first serve basis. Groups must request a use of a study room in person at the Reference Desk. Customers may only schedule one study room session at a time, and must wait until their current session is over before scheduling a new session. Reservations for Study Rooms will be honored for 10 minutes past the requested time. Failure to arrive within 10 minutes of the requested time will result in a forfeiture of the reserved room.
Study rooms are available for use Monday through Saturday for up to two (2) hours during the library's hours of operation, and must be finished at least 10 minutes before the library closes. Groups can extend the length of their session if no other groups are waiting to use a room.
At least one member of a group requesting a study room must have a valid Whittier Public Library card. Rooms are checked out to a library card holder in the library’s circulation system. The members of the group scheduling the use of the study room must be present during the period of usage. The library will consider any study room occupied by only one member of the group for more than 10 minutes to be available for use by others.
The library will consider any study room left unattended for more than 10 minutes to be available for use by others. The library will consider items left unattended to be lost and will place them in the library's Lost and Found.
Users of the study rooms are responsible for leaving the rooms in a neat and orderly condition. Failure to do so may result in the denial of future requests to use a study room. Users may not move tables and chairs into or remove them from a study room. Users cannot tape or tack materials to study room walls or windows. The library is not responsible for items left unattended.
Study Rooms are not available to be used for any of the following:
- For purposes prohibited by city ordinance, by state or federal law, or by Library Standards of
- For the commercial advertising or direct solicitation of clients or customers.
- For fund-raising.
- For events or activities which directly profit the business of a commercial organization or individual, such as professional tutoring.
- Users agree to leave the room and furnishings in the condition in which they are found.
- Users further agree to accept liability for any damage to the facility and its furniture caused by the occupancy of said premises by the individual or group.
- No Items shall be taped or tacked to painted walls. No flammable materials will be permitted.
- No smoking or eating is allowed. Drinks with tight-fitting lids are permitted.
- Storage of personal property is not permitted. Do not leave personal property unattended.
- Library staff cannot ‘watch over’ or be held responsible for user’s property.
- In the event an individual or group fails to comply with any of the rules and regulations for use of study rooms, future use of the rooms may be denied.